Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Assurance debugging issue "No debug flag" for Analytics beacons

Level 1

We are trying to connect ReactNative Mobile App with Assurance. We have the deeplink which opens an App. After connecting to Assurance, all analytics beacons in "Tracking Event" shows "Post-Processed Status" as "No Debug flag". As the document https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aep-sdks-documentation/blob/master/beta/project-griffon/tro... suggest, we have the latest AEP Assurance(v1.0.3) and Adobe Analytics (v2.2.18) extensions added to the Launch property. The Mobile App also has the latest versions

iOS:
pod 'AEPEdgeIdentity', '~> 1.0'
pod 'AEPAssurance', '~> 3.0'
pod 'AEPAnalytics', '~> 3.0'
pod 'AEPTarget', '~> 3.0'
pod 'AEPCore', '~> 3.0'
pod 'AEPIdentity', '~> 3.0'
pod 'AEPSignal', '~>3.0'
pod 'AEPLifecycle', '~>3.0'
pod 'AEPUserProfile', '~> 3.0'

Android:
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:target:1.3.0'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:griffon:1.2.1'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:userprofile:1.1.0'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:mobileservices:1.1.5'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:sdk-core:1.11.4'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:analytics:1.2.10'
implementation 'com.adobe.marketing.mobile:edgeidentity:1.1.0'

How can we get rid off "No debug flag" error ? Please let us know what we are missing here.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Regarding the Mobile App where you continuously get "no debug flag". The App used is an Android app that has reported the following extension versions.

Android
Analytics version is 1.2.10
Griffon 1.2.1

According to the documentation - https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/platform-assurance/troubleshooting/#adobe-anal...
Analytics > 1.2.6 is good
Assurance > 1.0.0 is missing

I believe that the Griffon extension that is installed int the SDK is the beta version of the extension and is incompatible with the installed Analytics version. Replacing/upgrading from Griffon to Assurance should fix the issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

That periodically hits us too... we can't find any reason for it....

The last time I got that, I closed the app, re-opened it, and it started working... though I wouldn't exactly say this is a "fix" (more like a being persistent until it decides to co-operate).

I am going to share this question on the Project Griffon's Slack channel, so maybe the engineers can help support you.

Level 1

Thank you Jennifer for addressing this. Yes, I have observed on my other mobile apps where only Lifecycle call/the very first beacon falling under this issue and rest of the other beacons in the visit works fine.  

This is another Mobile App where we are continuously getting "no debug flag" error for ALL the triggers, which is not acceptable. Unfortunately re-opening the app solution did not work for my situation. Did you suspect any other reason for this behavior ? Here is the screenshot of my Assurance session

planjile_0-1679075663965.png

Community Advisor

Yeah.. for me it's also a lot of that behaviour... did you try disconnecting Griffon then reconnecting it?

Unfortunately, Mobile Coding is a bit out of my wheel house... I know enough to talk with our developers about... I need this context variable here, and this context variable on that action... and these context variables can be set when the app is opened and reused, etc...

But the actual code... and then the code of the Griffon extension on top of that.....  but like me.. when myself or our QA team complain that they are getting the "no debug flag"... everyone on our team is stumped... 

I am hoping someone from Adobe is trying to come up with some suggestions for you based on my posting this to their Slack channel... (though they may all be trying to get ready for Summit next week).

I will send you an invite to that Workspace... (assuming you can use Slack)

Correct answer by
Employee

Regarding the Mobile App where you continuously get "no debug flag". The App used is an Android app that has reported the following extension versions.

Android
Analytics version is 1.2.10
Griffon 1.2.1

According to the documentation - https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/platform-assurance/troubleshooting/#adobe-anal...
Analytics > 1.2.6 is good
Assurance > 1.0.0 is missing

I believe that the Griffon extension that is installed int the SDK is the beta version of the extension and is incompatible with the installed Analytics version. Replacing/upgrading from Griffon to Assurance should fix the issue.

Level 1

Upgrading from Griffon to Assurance worked for me. Thank you for the help!