Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rules in Prod but disabling for Non Prod Environments

Level 1

In Adobe Launch – if we have rules/tags that we want in production but don’t want active in Staging is that possible to do with only one “property” where we migrate from dev -> staging -> production?

We don’t want the tags in staging because they go to the vendor if people are testing them and that skews true production results – we only want in staging to test, then promote to production and then disable just from staging.             

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

You could add a condition to the rule which checks the environment and only returns true for production.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

You could add a condition to the rule which checks the environment and only returns true for production.

Level 10

Just to add to this answer. You'd need to have some sort of logic in the rule to accomplish this. Having Launch take it out would sort of defeat the purpose of having a staging environment in some aspects. How you implement that logic it up to you but there are a number of ways you could do it. Alternatively, if the vendor has something to exclude hit on their side you could use that to filter out your hits. We have this capability with Adobe Analytics where customers can exclude hits from their own IP address or other logic.

Level 1

Is that the only way, because that means I have to create the rule without the condition, test it, and push it thru the environments to test in each non prod one - then finally all the way thru to prod. Then modify the rule to add the condition then again push it all the way thru?

If I?'m doing that maybe better then that seems to have it fire always in prod but also if a "javascript variable" or cookie or something else is set that way it can be tested in non prod environments simply by setting that vs having to do a push again.

Level 9

Maybe someone from Adobe has a better idea, but it seemed the most simple solution and adding an option that checks a cookie or a js variable would make it more flexible.

Level 1

?Thanks Thomas for all the suggestions and advice -- much appreciated