Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Proactively Exclude Bot Traffic

Level 2

Hi  

I was recommended the following method to proactive exclude Bot traffic from my site. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/websitebot.html?lang=e...

However, we have recently migrated to AEP. Is there an equivalent solution for AEP? 
Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JosephH1 You could use userAgent string to check for bot patterns to begin with. 

Also check if there are any third party libraries which help make this easier for you. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi JosephH1,

Yes, there is an equivalent solution for AEP. Adobe Experience Platform Query Service can be used to maintain your data quality by broadly removing data contamination that results from bots interacting with your website. The below URL should give you some further context.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/query/use-cases/bot-filtering.html?lang=...

Please let us know if there's anything further that we can help with.

Casey

Level 2

This is helpful, thank you. However I'm looking more to block the traffic within Analytics for the implementation that uses the AEP SDK. Do you have any recommendations? 

Community Advisor

@JosephH1 Although query service is one of the option, but i would highly suggest do bit of blocking within the client this will ensure no bot traffic event is sent at all. 

This also helps you reduce the count and thus reduce billing if it is high traffic site. 

I would suggest to include a custom script within "onBeforeEventSend" config option in Launch webSDK extension

Anil_Umachigi_0-1682122366243.png

Level 2

I didn't consider this, but I like the idea Do you have any recommendations of what conditions to check for within my isABot function? 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JosephH1 You could use userAgent string to check for bot patterns to begin with. 

Also check if there are any third party libraries which help make this easier for you.