Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Onetrust Opt-out Model - Cookie Deletion

Level 2

Hello, 

I am currently implementing onetrust and we are going with an opt-out model where the cookies are placed in the users browser by default and the user needs to opt-out of them. When I reject all cookies I see all my calls being blocked which is working as expected but I still see the cookies in my browser. No data is being sent to the cookies but the cookies are still there. Is this an issue? I have looked at other organizations' do the same. They block calls and cookies are still in the browser. Is this normal for an opt-out approach? 

I'm also aware that some third party cookies and secure first party cookies cannot be deleted via javascript. Is there a way around this and to delete cookies based on users consent?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @at9191 

well cookies are stored locally so I don't think so it will be an issue since they are already been set before user opt-out but if they do you are not utilizing them to collect the data or any user PII.

if you wish you can delete specific cookies by provide custom logic after user opt-out however you need to identify unwanted cookies which you wish to delete(it could be some extra work in your plate).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @at9191 

well cookies are stored locally so I don't think so it will be an issue since they are already been set before user opt-out but if they do you are not utilizing them to collect the data or any user PII.

if you wish you can delete specific cookies by provide custom logic after user opt-out however you need to identify unwanted cookies which you wish to delete(it could be some extra work in your plate).