Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can we delete these cookies s_ecid, mbox, s_vnc365 when the user Opt out (CCPA) ?

Level 2

Hi,  All

I have below requirement - 

The user denies all cookie settings on the Cookie banner (Using OneTrust banner).
Can we delete all these cookies(s_ecid, mbox, s_vnc365) when the above consent is detected.  
Is there a better way of handing these changes ?

Thanks for looking into it. 

6 Replies

Level 2

If you are using Adobe Data collection, then after collecting you can check the consent before sending server call in " On before event send callback " custom code present in Web SDK extension. You can retrieve cookies and set their expiration to now . This is one way which we follow if user denies the consent( we send some identifier in Data Layer).

MahimitraCh1_0-1714158463166.png

Level 2

I was thinking create a rule in the Launch (Data collection)
Check for C0002, C0003, C0004. If all false, then delete these cookies.  

Level 2

Yup, if you just want to delete these cookies you can follow that. But if you want to chose not to send data as well then use this to stop sending data to adobe server. You can return false based on those values.

Issue is to not track those users. If they chose to deny functional cookies ( our case) then you have to stop sending data to adobe along with deleting cookies.

OnBeforeEventSend 

Level 2

Looks like this event is used only with AEP implementation.
Thoughts ?  

Level 2

I don't think so ( although I'm not 100% sure).  We are sending data to adobe analytics  only using adobe Analytics experience schema. It's blocking data from going to Adobe analytics server. So it should work fine. Just try it out once.

Before this Data collection Tags we used "s.abort"  in custom code section present in AA extension for stopping data sent to analytics  in Adobe Launch.