Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

The floodlight (Google tag) is not firing correctly for all models

Level 2

Hi, I would like to know what could be causing the floodlights not to launch correctly. I give a bit of context:

We have implemented a series of floodlights on the client website which should be triggered every time the car configurator is finished. However, we have been told that the data received compared to the data observed in Adobe Analytics differs by more than three times the observed data. Could it be that they are not being launched correctly for the different models? How would I know if the configuration is wrong and how do I fix it if that is the case? The Adobe tag may be double-counting and could be the reason for the data discrepancy?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@ExO_Spain  As you have mentioned in the question there might be chance that adobe events are getting fired twice.

If the configuration is correct in adobe launch I would recommend check the events using a debugging tool like omnibug as it can help you visualize both adobe and floodlight tags at the same place.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @ExO_Spain 

could you provide some more context on how you're configuring the floodlight tags/pixels, are you using custom or direct call event?

Level 2

Hi @Ankit_Chaudhary 

The situation is as follows:

Customer has reported us a data problem, where they say that the number of adobe events is double the number of floodlights. After some investigation on our part, we have observed that the configuration of both Adobe and floodlights is correct, but they are still observing this data discrepancy. And really, we don't know where to go from here to correct it. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 4

@ExO_Spain  As you have mentioned in the question there might be chance that adobe events are getting fired twice.

If the configuration is correct in adobe launch I would recommend check the events using a debugging tool like omnibug as it can help you visualize both adobe and floodlight tags at the same place.

Level 2

Hi @Ankit_Chaudhary

I hope this message finds you well. We have observed a significant discrepancy between Floodlights data and Adobe data for one campaign, a trend that persists across all campaigns throughout 2024.

To provide some context, we have performed a comparison. In Adobe, we applied the following filters

Filtering by brand campaign within this period, we observed that Search Ads reported 2,485 instances, while Adobe reported 5,487 instances, more than double. This discrepancy is consistently observed in the data for all months of 2024.
On the other hand, we make use of the debugging tool OMNIBUG, but we have not really observed anything that would suggest the reason for the duplicity of the data.

We would greatly appreciate your expertise in investigating and resolving this issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your comments.

Kind regards