Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Login Issues

Level 3

Does anybody else find that they have to constantly log-in to Adobe Launch?

It frequently causes error messages and reloading of the page.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Most of these login issues should have been solved by Adobe's Unified Shell project. Launch has since moved to the unified shell and login issues not persisting across products should be solved for the most part. If you are still facing this issue, please open a ticket with customer care or start a new thread on the community with the issue you are facing and steps to replicate along with screenshots of any errors you are receiving.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee

Hey Locutus243​, are you working in other Adobe Experience Cloud products when this happens? Can you detail any steps to reproduce the issue?

Level 3

Hi there,

Sometimes I’m using Adobe Analytics as well (they are the only two products we have in the suite at the moment :o(!)

But it doesn’t always seem related to whether I’m working in Analytics too.

Mark

Mark Palfreeman

Business Intelligence Analyst

Employee

Ok. We'll continue to look for consistent ways to reproduce this issue so we can get it fixed. Thanks for the additional info!

Level 9

We have the same issue, it seems the session timeout is either very short or there is constant deployments to the SSO infrastructure that invalidates the sessions.

Level 10

Hi MHicken,

I wonder if you could update us on the progress with the improvements?

The issue with the session timeout/ authentication is well known and has been discussed in various social channels for months.

1.png

2.png

Employee

Hi Audrey, I do not have anything new to report except that it's officially on our list of things to discuss at our next UX meeting. It's more complicated than it seems at first.

Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so, can you share steps to do so?

Level 9

I just now had a very annoying case:

I opened a rule and an action within. I was discussing something in the custom code for 5 minutes, made a change and saved it and got an error. Apparently I was logged out in this few minutes when I was looking at the custom code and made a small change.

Employee

thomas.amsler​...

How long had you been signed in when you broke away to discuss it?

Did you visit other Adobe Experience Cloud solutions in that 5 minutes using the same browser?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Level 3

I'm having problems when I'm not even using other Adobe Experience Cloud solutions. It really feels as if its getting worse. Having really trouble building libraries today.

Level 9

Hard to recall, what exactly I was doing. But I think I was only visiting Launch. I had visited customer care and Analytics the same day, but I think I had to log in again when I was back on Launch. But my Launch session was active for a while, so could it be that the session just gets a timeout when you log in and never refreshes when you are still active within the Launch?

So you log in at 10:00, open a rule at 10:29 and at 10:30 the session expires (assuming 30 min session timeout).

Level 4

TL;DR "Stay signed in" doesn't make me stay signed in.

Here are my steps to reproduce the login issue:

1. Open a private window.
  2. Go to experience.adobe.com.
  3. Get prompted to login. Login with "stay signed in" toggled on.
  4. End up at experience.adobe.com.
  5. Click on "Launch" or go to activation.adobe.com.
  6. Click on "Go to Launch" or go to launch.adobe.com.

Expected result

I am logged into Launch.

Actual result

Depends. I could be logged in or logged out.

Continuing the steps:

7. Don't log out, so that I remain signed in.

8. At a later session, go to experience.adobe.com.

Expected result

I am logged into Experience Cloud.

Actual result

I am most likely logged out and have to re-login.

Continuing the steps:

9. End up at experience.adobe.com.

10. Click on "Launch" or go to activation.adobe.com.

Expected result

I am logged into Experience Cloud - Activation.

Actual result

I am logged into Experience Cloud - Activation.

Continuing the steps:

11. Click on "Go to Launch" or go to launch.adobe.com.

Expected result

I am logged into Launch.

Actual result

I am logged out and have to re-login. But doing so causes all of my Experience Cloud-related logged in sessions to logout, so I have to login there again. So I might as well not even use the "Stay signed in" toggle.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Most of these login issues should have been solved by Adobe's Unified Shell project. Launch has since moved to the unified shell and login issues not persisting across products should be solved for the most part. If you are still facing this issue, please open a ticket with customer care or start a new thread on the community with the issue you are facing and steps to replicate along with screenshots of any errors you are receiving.