Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Configuring List Variables in Launch

Community Advisor

I have a feedback button enabled on our webpage. I want to capture the Question & Answer given by the users in this feedback form & analyze them into adobe analytics. I have created a list variable for this & set the conversion classification and its hierarchy also. But in launch how should I configure or map that list variable so that whenever a user gives feedback it floats to adobe analytics? 

Thanks,

jsvasu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

It will show as it is. How you are expecting to get showed in server call ? For classification, if you have applied classification rule builder than the values will classify as per the rule. You can check it by dragging the created classification dimension.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 7

@JyotiSharmaV There is no particular place to define the listVars in Launch. You will have to use it in the Custom code editor by following the same syntax used in AppMeasurement.js.

Please check the below link for list :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/list.html?lang=en

Community Advisor

@amgup is correct, you need to set the list var in custom code.

The only thing to add is that if you are passing a list var on a custom link tracking call you need to remember to add the variable to s.linkTrackVars in your custom code or else it won't pass through to Adobe (it's easy to forget this as Launch handles this for you when using the form based wizard).  A good way to do this is to use the append to list https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/apl.html

Community Advisor

@Andrew_Wathen_ @amgup My button looks like this. When a user clicks on the Feedback button then the form opens like that & I want to capture the question and its corresponding Answer. 

jsvasu_0-1623782117479.png

I am using the custom code as below but this is printing the complete string as such in the debugger that I have passed.

s.linkTrackVars = "list1";
s.list1 = "Desktop ,Mobile,Default Form,How would you rate our website?,Hate,Dislike,Neutral,Like,Love,What would you like to share with us";

Thanks

Level 7
Can you share a screenshot of the server call showing how it is being passed ?

Community Advisor

@amgup 

I put custom code like that:

s.list1 = "Desktop,Mobile,Default Form,How would you rate our website?,Hate,Dislike,Neutral,Like,Love,What would you like to share with us";

This is how It is displaying in the server callScreen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.41.10 PM.png

and also in debugger, the list variable is coming up as such:

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.45.16 PM.png

I guess there is some problem with the custom code I put. 

Correct answer by
Level 7

It will show as it is. How you are expecting to get showed in server call ? For classification, if you have applied classification rule builder than the values will classify as per the rule. You can check it by dragging the created classification dimension.

Community Advisor
I think you may need to give us an idea of the report that you are trying to generate off the back of the data collected, then we can advise how best to do this. Are you able to mock up a table(s) with the report output you want at the end of this?

Community Advisor

@Andrew_Wathen_ @amgup 

This is the dummy table I am looking to show up in my report suite

jsvasu_0-1623863824395.png

jsvasu_1-1623863834703.png

Can we directly map List Variable name in the custom code editor? It dint show actually anything to me.

jsvasu_0-1623865508477.png

And when I tried to put the code like below the "List variable" list1 started appearing in the debugger but it showed the value "Feedback" which I passed in code:

s.list1="Feedback";

However, I want it like when feedback is successfully submitted it should also capture all the details for the classifications we have built for the list variable:

jsvasu_1-1623865787035.png

which means capturing information regarding Button(Mobile or Desktop), Form (this is the default form in our case), Questions (that are in Form), Answer(given by users). However, nothing is appearing in the report suite.

Level 7
Have you defined the rule in Classification rule builder for the above list variable ? Classification Rule Builder is responsible for classifying the values of a dimension on the basis of created classification hierarchy of that dimension (list in this case). Check this link for classification rule builder :- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-rulebui....

Community Advisor
@amgup is there is any way out apart from building classification rules. I don't want to build classification rules. I am looking around if AppMeasurement and Launch custom code editor can solve the purpose

Community Advisor
@amgup, No, I haven't defined any rule in Classification rule builder for my list variable

Community Advisor

@amgup well I tried creating the classification rules in classification rule builder like that Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 4.16.02 PM.png

& tried testing it also before activating it. If I pass the string of key then I get the correct result. However, how it is solving my purpose?

How on successful feedback submission this info will get captured? How this is solving my purpose? @amgup @Andrew_Wathen_ Any thoughts on this? I am assuming there is something missing in launch for this list variable. Can you help me in correcting that?

Community Advisor

@Brian_Johnson_ can you help on this issue? How I can get the list var defined in the launch so that the corresponding classification receives the data out of the feedback form when it is successfully submitted?

Thanks