Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Versioning Custom Bundles

Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to use versioning within my pom files to version my bundles and packages. Right now, all of our versions are 1.2.0, and I'd like to update to 1.2.1. I updated all pom files to reflect the new version, made a small change in my bundle code for testing purposes, and ran "mvn clean install". After that, I used cURL to reinstall all my packages. After re-installing, I browsed to the package manager, and saw the packages were marked a new version, and even gave me the ability to downgrade. However, when I looked in the felix console, the custom bundle shows the new version in the version column, but when you expand the details of the bundle, I notice it's using the old 1.2.0 jar file (even though both jar files exist in the install directory):

"Bundle Location    jcrinstall:/apps/informa/install/d/informa-core-1.2.0.jar:

The changes I made to the bundle were also not reflected in the new install. If I were to uninstall the bundle first, then re-install it, the correct bundle is then used. Is there a way to be able to re-install without having to uninstall first?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Danny,

Bundle Location  is identification of first install & will not update on installing the newer version. The version number displayed indicates the actual version it is running.  It is as designed and agree creates little confusion there.  

Thanks,

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Danny,

Bundle Location  is identification of first install & will not update on installing the newer version. The version number displayed indicates the actual version it is running.  It is as designed and agree creates little confusion there.  

Thanks,