Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Is there a practical solution to keep versions while moving content across environments?

Level 6

My client is looking to sync content between AEM environments and there's this requirement to preserve the versions upon syncing. For eg, if syncing from PROD to DEV, it should include all pages along with versions of the page. I have tried content copy tool, but it doesn't seem to copy the versions and additionally the syncing works only from higher to lower environments.
Using package manager is another option, I believe. While it seems feasible to include page versions during the package creation, it could significantly increase the package size and there's also a possibility of system overload.
The client is on AEM 6.5.16. What would be a practical solution here?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn 
It is not possible to package content and migrate along with thier version.

CRX2OAK tools support content migration with version but that has different use cases:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/deploying/upgr... 

Arun Patidar

Level 6

@arunpatidar Thanks for that. Is there any solutions out there for my usecase?

Level 9

crx2oak is what you need. I've done something in the past but old prod to new prod (the hosting environment is changing).

Administrator

@jezwn Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni