Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Versioning components

Level 2

Is there a way to support multiple versions of a component? Supporting multiple versions of JSPs seems to be doable, but a couple things I'm not sure of. One would be versioning dialogs...could I put something in place that would respond to the dialog.overlay.infinity.json request and choose between multiple dialogs? The other would be handling calls out to OSGi bundles - I think it's supposed to be possible to have multiple versions of a bundle in Felix, but how would that be referenced in a JSP?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box not an option. The launches [1] is implemented for pages. I believe it is implemented based on resource.  On similar lines can be build for components.  Nothing at the movement.

[1]  
http://dev.day.com/content/ddc/en/gems/launches-concurrentpreparationofmultipleversionsofawebsiteaem...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box not an option. The launches [1] is implemented for pages. I believe it is implemented based on resource.  On similar lines can be build for components.  Nothing at the movement.

[1]  
http://dev.day.com/content/ddc/en/gems/launches-concurrentpreparationofmultipleversionsofawebsiteaem...

Level 9

Hi,

As per my knowledge in CMS versions are applicable to content instances (page content, component content) not to the type definition. The OSGi bundle manager of course stores multiple version of same bundle but the loader always loads them based on last modified date order. So i am not sure if you can version the type definition as well.

Thanks,

Pawan

Level 9

Hi Sham,

This documentation is really informative. When i went through the doc i understood, the launcher actually manages different copies of same page based on changes in resource type (type definition) but i did not see anything related to managing different version of resource type (type definition). Can you plz help me here?

Thanks,

Pawan  

Level 10

Hi Pawan,

In the link I posted in the video if you go to 39th Minutes the two questions is about same topic.    API relies on resources & one implementation for pages. You can write other implementation for other resources type. Are you interested in writing for other resource type?  If so I do not have answer ready & need to do research.