Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extreme Parsys Wierdness

Level 4

Hi all. a weird problem recent popped up that affects all of our pages. When an author tries to edit a component dialog, every dialog pops open. Otherwise the parsys and components just aren't working properly. One does not get the green outline when hovering over a component. Instead the entire parsys container is highlighted. We cannot delete them individually either, only the one at the bottom is deleted upon refresh. We are using /wcm/foundation/components/parsys  Recently installed SP2, and I'm wondering if this could be related ... 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 8.31.37 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've seen this before - especially components not dragging or even seeing a green banner  around a text component in the page. One reason why this happens is because the HTML is out of sync.

Check the HTML of a page (where the green banner is not showing up) under /content - as shown here:

[img]partext.png[/img]

Notice the HTML for the text property for a node of type foundation/components/text.

Make sure that there is no invalid HTML for text properties of pages where a green banner is not showing up. 

PS - Your image is not displaying.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

I believe the change is in sp2 sightly parsys (/libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys/parsys.html).

PRE-SP2:

<div data-sly-test="${!paragraph.columns && paragraph.resourceType && !paragraph.cssClasses}" data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType, decorationTagName='div'}" data-sly-unwrap></div>

POST-SP2

<div data-sly-test="${!paragraph.columns && paragraph.resourceType && !paragraph.cssClasses}" data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType}" data-sly-unwrap></div>

Note the removal of "decorationTagName='div'"

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've seen this before - especially components not dragging or even seeing a green banner  around a text component in the page. One reason why this happens is because the HTML is out of sync.

Check the HTML of a page (where the green banner is not showing up) under /content - as shown here:

[img]partext.png[/img]

Notice the HTML for the text property for a node of type foundation/components/text.

Make sure that there is no invalid HTML for text properties of pages where a green banner is not showing up. 

PS - Your image is not displaying.

Level 4

[img]Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 11.07.17 AM.png[/img]

Given a page using the /wcm/foundation/components/parsys , it is impossible to select either text fields, and double clicking either results in both dialogs opening in Chrome and FF on OSX

Level 10

Are you seeing any log messages? 

Employee

msullivan, Thanks for this. I've been having this problem a lot when teaching 6.0 SP2, now I don't have to search for it. :)

Level 4

Removing from wcm/ from the resourceType fixes the problem. But doesn't seem like the correct solution since we are using sightly in the components.

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div> 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 10.39.58 AM.png[/img]

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></div> 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 10.39.23 AM.png[/img]

Level 8

Hey Chris - it doesn't matter which parsys you use for putting components into.  Whether it's the old foundation or the new sightly parsys, they both seem to render the components inside the same way.  If removing the "wcm/" from the include fixes your problem then i would go ahead and use that.  I would maybe also file a ticket with Day Care because it seems your parsys include is correct.

The only other time i've seen this is when you add a data-sly-unwrap to the parsys element, which is doesn't seem like you're doing.