Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding attributes to script tag, for ClientLibrary includes

Level 2

I would like to continue adding client library files to JSPs as follows:

<cq:includeClientLib js="some-category" />

But I need to have control over the attributes in the resulting script include. In other words I might want to see

<script type="application/javascript" async defer data-attr="somedata" src="<path to clientlib.min.js></script>

I have not seen any document that explains how to achieve this. I was hoping for something similar to adding classes for cq:htmlTag. Clearly I could do this manually by adding the script tag myself, and manually adding the path to the clientlib, but then I lose the ability to reference by category, which is my major use case for using clientlibs.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Matt,

There's no way to change the HTML output by <cq:includeClientLib>. Rather you need to create your own tag which uses the HtmlLibraryManager to get the list of includes for a particular category (or set of categories) and use those to output the appropriate HTML.

What you describe with something like cq:htmlTag seems like a worthwhile enhancement. I'd suggest filing a DayCare issue with the details so that this can be added to the product roadmap.

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Matt,

There's no way to change the HTML output by <cq:includeClientLib>. Rather you need to create your own tag which uses the HtmlLibraryManager to get the list of includes for a particular category (or set of categories) and use those to output the appropriate HTML.

What you describe with something like cq:htmlTag seems like a worthwhile enhancement. I'd suggest filing a DayCare issue with the details so that this can be added to the product roadmap.

Regards,

Justin

Level 2

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated. I'll create the tag and use HtmlLibraryManager as you suggest.

I think adding a String[] property to accept various attribute value pairs would be a very helpful addition (or something similar). I'll create a DayCare issue.

Thanks again,

Matt