Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Provide multiple assets selection in pathbrowser touch UI

Level 2

In tagspicker we have the flexibility to select multiple items and author the component or page. In case of pathbrowser we can either select a single file or a folder and it does not support multiselect option in dialog when compared to that of tagspicker. Introducing a multifield will increase the authoring effort if the selections are more as the author needs to manually select individual items.

Is there an approach or customization to make the pathbrowser selection criteria to work similar to tagspicker?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Granite PatField has feature to allow select multiple items.You can use PatField Instead PathBrowser.

PathField — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

You might have to customize a multiselect field as it not available as of now. I remember seeing something similar for classic UI (Some one had customized) but in Touch UI not yet.

Level 2

Hi Arun,

The documentation specifies about pathfield when i try to use it in my cq:dialog it's coming up as blank. Path mentioned in documentation  /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield does not resolve to any folder or resource in CRX when we search.

Kindly let me know if am checking it wrong.

Regards,
Manoj

Community Advisor

Hi Manoj,

Which AEM version are you using? Granite/Coral3 Components support AEM 6.3 onwards.

check Pathbrowser - multiselectpath not saving all selected paths - using AEM 6.2

Arun Patidar