Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Overlaying language node is impacting existing node in aem

Level 9

I am trying to add new language node in aem so I went to /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages and olverlayed this to apps.(Overlayed by right clicking the node and clicked Overlay Node...)

Added the two langauges that I wanted to /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages but create language copy wizard I could see only the two language that are in /apps. All languages in /libs not showing. Does not sling merger takes care of this? Should I copy all nodes from /libs to /apps in this case? please guide me what is the best practice here.

Reference - https://aem4beginner.blogspot.com/add-custom-language-in-aem-65

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

The Sling Resource Merger and the related methods can only be used with Granite. This means that creating an overlay with a skeleton structure is only appropriate for the standard, touch-enabled UI.

Overlays for other areas (including the classic UI) involve copying the appropriate node and entire sub-structure, then making the required changes.

Refer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/overlays.html?lang...

Himanshu Jain

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.