Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Overlaying language node is impacting existing node in aem

Level 9

I am trying to add new language node in aem so I went to /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages and olverlayed this to apps.(Overlayed by right clicking the node and clicked Overlay Node...)

Added the two langauges that I wanted to /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages but create language copy wizard I could see only the two language that are in /apps. All languages in /libs not showing. Does not sling merger takes care of this? Should I copy all nodes from /libs to /apps in this case? please guide me what is the best practice here.

Reference - https://aem4beginner.blogspot.com/add-custom-language-in-aem-65

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

The Sling Resource Merger and the related methods can only be used with Granite. This means that creating an overlay with a skeleton structure is only appropriate for the standard, touch-enabled UI.

Overlays for other areas (including the classic UI) involve copying the appropriate node and entire sub-structure, then making the required changes.

Refer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/overlays.html?lang...

Himanshu Jain

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.