Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

org.apache.tika.metadata.filter package missing from uberjar

Level 2

Hi,

We have a project working with Uberjar 13 and we want to go to 20. What is holding us back is that on every newer uberjars up to 20 I get an Error when trying to instantiate Tika. Create a unit test and just put this in it 

Tika tika = new Tika(); // throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tika/metadata/filter/MetadataFilter

Looking at javadocs and the decompiled class there should be this package https://javadoc.io/doc/org.apache.tika/tika-core/latest/org/apache/tika/metadata/filter/package-summ... 

This screenshot shows it is missing from the uberjar itselfScreenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.26.02 AM.png

Adding tika as a test dependency solves the problem 

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.tika</groupId>
    <artifactId>tika-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.26</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

We would prefer not having to do that as it becomes a manual maintenance step as new uberjars come out. Is it possible for Adobe team to amend the uberjar by any chance ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 as it is more like a product service pack issue, have you tried opening a support ticket? Any response they provided??.. I too agree with you until we see a reason why adobe Uber jar not backward compatible.

Are you in on prem? AMS?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 as it is more like a product service pack issue, have you tried opening a support ticket? Any response they provided??.. I too agree with you until we see a reason why adobe Uber jar not backward compatible.

Are you in on prem? AMS?

Level 2

Haven't opened a ticket yet, we are on AMS.

We experienced a similar issue years ago and we got told to post here first. I can open a support ticket to help

Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 thanks for keeping trust on the community forums, I would recommended to open a support ticket in this case.