Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

org.apache.tika.metadata.filter package missing from uberjar

Level 2

Hi,

We have a project working with Uberjar 13 and we want to go to 20. What is holding us back is that on every newer uberjars up to 20 I get an Error when trying to instantiate Tika. Create a unit test and just put this in it 

Tika tika = new Tika(); // throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tika/metadata/filter/MetadataFilter

Looking at javadocs and the decompiled class there should be this package https://javadoc.io/doc/org.apache.tika/tika-core/latest/org/apache/tika/metadata/filter/package-summ... 

This screenshot shows it is missing from the uberjar itselfScreenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.26.02 AM.png

Adding tika as a test dependency solves the problem 

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.tika</groupId>
    <artifactId>tika-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.26</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

We would prefer not having to do that as it becomes a manual maintenance step as new uberjars come out. Is it possible for Adobe team to amend the uberjar by any chance ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 as it is more like a product service pack issue, have you tried opening a support ticket? Any response they provided??.. I too agree with you until we see a reason why adobe Uber jar not backward compatible.

Are you in on prem? AMS?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 as it is more like a product service pack issue, have you tried opening a support ticket? Any response they provided??.. I too agree with you until we see a reason why adobe Uber jar not backward compatible.

Are you in on prem? AMS?

Level 2

Haven't opened a ticket yet, we are on AMS.

We experienced a similar issue years ago and we got told to post here first. I can open a support ticket to help

Community Advisor

@pablom63973339 thanks for keeping trust on the community forums, I would recommended to open a support ticket in this case.