Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to generate report for deleted content in AEM.

Level 2

Hi All,

I need to create a report for deleted pages and assets. I have used acs-commons report builder tool to generate different kinds of reports in AEM, but I would need to generate report for deleted content also.

Any suggestions or help would really appreacited.

Thanks,

Aruna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure if this is the best way , but one thing you can do is to listen to a deletion action and write the details to a log. If log is enough for your requirement . It might be process heavy as when you trigger a deletion in bulk , it might slow down the system . I am also curious to know of something better . Hope the community has some better answers  

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure if this is the best way , but one thing you can do is to listen to a deletion action and write the details to a log. If log is enough for your requirement . It might be process heavy as when you trigger a deletion in bulk , it might slow down the system . I am also curious to know of something better . Hope the community has some better answers  

Level 2
Thanks Veena for the reply. I am not looking for log. actually I wanted to give author freindly report feature for deletion of content pages or assets.

Community Advisor

I agree with @veena, where you would need to store data within the JCR, so you can use this data to print a friendly report to the AEM authors; you can view this as writing logs into AEM.

This can be as easy as creating a new nt:unstructured node with a few useful properties, and store it into AEM before deleting the page or DAM Asset in AEM.

Also, when purging resources, like pages, from AEM, you will lose all details about the resources.

Community Advisor

Since you are looking for some author friendly report, how about saving the resource details to a node every time a deletion happens ? Later you can fetch the values from this node when you need it 

Level 2
Thank you very much Veena for the reply. I am thinking instead of creting from the scratch better to utilize the auditlog search report

Employee Advisor

If you have enabled AEM to save audit data, you can query the nodes under "/var/audit/com.day.cq.wcm.core.page/content"

Nodetypes : cq:AuditEvent

Property: cq:type=PageDeleted

Community Advisor

@arunaaems506124 I guess https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/audit-log-search/index.html this might help you in your requirement. It will give you a list of the deleted pages from audit log as below

audit-log.JPGaudit-details.JPG