Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to enable crxde light in author instance via domain.

Level 2

How to enable crxde light in author instance via domain. Working with IP Port but not via webserver. we need it for Test Author environment. have enabled the required URL at dispatcher end, but on login we get the disabled message.

11 Replies

Employee

From what you said it seems that it might be blocked at dispatcher ... I don't think you need to enable it just check the dispatcher config file to ensure its not blocked. You may have an entry similar to this that block access to CRX and CRXDE Light using filter rule: /ruleLabel{/glob "* /crx*"/type "deny"}

Employee

In order to allow CRXDe via dispatcher, a configuration shoudl include a fidler similar to:

/0012 { /type "allow" /url "/crx/*"    }

Note: you must restart your HTTPD server so dispatcher configuration takes an effect. Also, Dispatcher rules are counted from top to the bottom, so make sure that nothing else overwrite the rule that allows access to CRXDe

Employee

Hi Ruchi,

Please confirm whether your instance is running in production ready mode Running AEM in Production Ready Mode

In order to ensure that AEM installations are as secure as possible, the security checklist recommends disabling WebDAV in production environments.

However, CRXDE Lite depends on the org.apache.sling.jcr.davex bundle to function properly, so disabling WebDAV will effectively disable CRXDE Lite as well.

As stated by Jaideep , crx/de lite can be enabled by Enabling CRXDE Lite in AEM .

I hope it helps.

Level 2

Hi Tanya,

This Instance not running in production ready mode.

All related bundles also Active.

And we have tried as per link: Enabling CRXDE Lite in AEM. Not working:

$45C40FCC508DD03A.jpg

Level 2

Hi,

I have enabled over Dispatcher and CXR Application is loading, but getting message that it is disabled. Attaching screenshot.

I tried the steps provided as per msg to re-enable it, but no luck.

$80C73BAFA161199.jpg

Employee

Can you clarify the following:

1. the same username is used when bypassing dispatcher i.e. using IP and port number

2. you are able to see the full repository tree when using IP and port number

Employee Advisor

Crxde is diabled by default when you start AEM with nosamplecontent. You can follow steps at [1] to enable it

[1] Enabling CRXDE Lite in AEM

Employee Advisor

Also, make sure the crxde bundle is active:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 2.34.02 PM.png

Level 2

Have tried the steps mention in this link. Not helping. Same results.

Level 2

Hi Hamid,

1. Yes, using same creds for both cases.

2. Yes, able to access full respository tree using IP and PORT.