Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I change cluster ID of copied instance?

Level 2

In order to do offloading, I copied my author instance of AEM6.1 to a new location to be the work instance.  The author instance is set up to be a cluster, though it's a one-server cluster, so it's the cluster leader.

I changed the sling.id of the work instance so I could connect them up via the topology configuration.  This worked perfectly but as a result, activating content stopped working.  As soon as I removed the topology connection, activating content worked again.  It seemed as though the author instance was confused and thought the work instance was supposed to do the activation, though I didn't configure that (I had only configured DAM process offloading).  

I suspect the problem is that the cluster ID of both work instance and author instance is the same.  (This is what the granite topology interface /libs/granite/topology/content/view.html shows, anyway).  How do I change the cluster ID of the copied instance I want to use as the work instance? 

Or, if that is not the problem, how do I keep content activation working while the work instance is connected via sling topology?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You are exactly right - that's how I changed the sling id of the work instance.  Deleting the sling.id.file and then restart the instance and it generated a new id.

I found the answer to my question also - delete the id node under /var/discovery/impl/establishedView in the JCR and it created a new one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi,

how exactly did you change the sling.id of the work instance?

I thought the only way to do this was to shutdown the instance, find the "sling.id.file" file somewhere under "crx-quickstart/felix", the path is not constant, but should be under a path like "quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle*/data/sling.id.file", delete it. Then restart the instance and a new id is generated.

Regards,

Opkar

Correct answer by
Level 2

You are exactly right - that's how I changed the sling id of the work instance.  Deleting the sling.id.file and then restart the instance and it generated a new id.

I found the answer to my question also - delete the id node under /var/discovery/impl/establishedView in the JCR and it created a new one.