Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM forms for the usual 'website forms'

Level 5

I understand one of the main features of AEM forms is to be able to easily reuse xfa / pdf forms and also being able to render them in html5 so that it can be responsive. Also, it allows very seamless uploading of xfa forms created in other systems (like Lifecycle)

But, does it make sense to use forms for a standard web based form. By that I mean something like a login / registration form or a check out based form or something similar to these. There does seem to be many out of the box fields but it shouldn't take significantly more time to just build them out using html / javascript. Also if you want to have a different look and feel then you'll any way have to make changes to the styles used. In such cases, is it justified to suggest AEM forms as a no-brainer option rather than just going for the traditional HTML / javascript way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes you can render an XDP form as HTML5, note that this rendering is NOT responsive it looks or mimics the PDF rendering of the form.  You CAN however use the XFA form as the basis for an Adaptive Form and this IS responsive and will bring over the scripting ect....  If you have one or two simple 5 field forms then AEM Forms can certainly satisfy this requirement and ease integration for creating PDFs and that type of function.  If you have form requirements that range from simple to complex then AEM Forms is an excellent candidate. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Hi 

I have asked internal team to look into this.

You would get response sooner.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

We have an AEM forms webinar: 

Using AEM Forms - https://communities.adobeconnect.com/p2ydcvbyyn9/

If you are interested in login functionality for AEM -- see this webinar: 

Building login-based sites in AEM: - https://communities.adobe.com/content/dam/cush/aem_technologistsdevelopersarchitects/AEMTechnologist...

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes you can render an XDP form as HTML5, note that this rendering is NOT responsive it looks or mimics the PDF rendering of the form.  You CAN however use the XFA form as the basis for an Adaptive Form and this IS responsive and will bring over the scripting ect....  If you have one or two simple 5 field forms then AEM Forms can certainly satisfy this requirement and ease integration for creating PDFs and that type of function.  If you have form requirements that range from simple to complex then AEM Forms is an excellent candidate.