Highlighted

Facebook Login Integration in AEM

akshitaa8272040

28-01-2016

Hi,

I have come across an issue while integrating Facebook login with AEM. 

I took reference from below link

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/social_communities/social_connect.html

Although everything is working fine but on welcome page it is not displaying the logged in user name the way it is working for Geometrixx Outdoors website.

Instead it is displaiying the ID only.

Any suggestions who have already worked on this integration? 🙂

Replies

Highlighted
Highlighted

akshitaa8272040

29-01-2016

@Opkar,

No I can't see. 

But, when I am loggedin through Geomatrixx Outdoors actual configurations , user profile properties firstname, lastname and email are getting updated automatically. Hence it shows up in the welcome page.

In my case, I have to manually add the first name and lastname of the user in order to display the loggedin username on the welcome page else it will display the id only.

Highlighted

Jitendra_S_Toma

29-01-2016

@akshitaa82720401 ,

When you are logged-in with social login like Facebook or Twitter, New profile gets created for that user in AEM. But, User profile would be different from what we have in AEM.

There isn't first name & last name in user profile. Instead, it has givenName & family name. So, you want to show first name, fetch givenName otherwise user ID will be displayed.

Let me know if this is clear to you.

Jitendra

Highlighted

akshitaa8272040

29-01-2016

@Jitendra,

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware of that. In crx console, we have givenName & familyName properties for the newly created user. Those properties are getting populated from the firstname and last name property of the user profile details in useradmin console.

However the question is different. 

I am not doing any code changes, only thing is I am creating a new Facebook Connect Configuration in miscadmin->facebookconnect and selecting this new configuration in Geomatrixx Outdoors Website page properties->Cloud Services tab. 

So that ways I am connecting it with my facebook app id and not Geomatrixx default id.

But the problem is givenName and familyName are not getting populated automatically.Due to which only ID is getting displayed. However if I manually add these details, username is getting displayed on welcome page

I hope you understood what issue I am getting. Also, I have followed the steps from below link::::

Regards,

Akshita

Highlighted

Manikumar

29-01-2016

Hi, Are you testing this in publish or author environment if author login will be done via admin credentials sometime can you test the same thing once in publish and check if it so same behaviour.
Highlighted

Jitendra_S_Toma

29-01-2016

@Akshita,

Thanks for explaining in details. I think, I understand now. 

As you know, When you do cloud configuration, in the cloud config dialog, there are checkboxes for the properties which you want to have when profile gets imported into AEM. 

Did you verify if the geometrixx & your new facebook connect has different selection on the checkboxes?.  Kindly provide snapshot if it is possible.

Jitendra

Highlighted

JK_Kendall

29-01-2016

Hi Akshita,

Facebook and Twitter have their own instructions for creating apps suitable for a login to a web site.  

I'm guessing you're on AEM 5.6.1, but you might want to glance through 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/social-login.html

(There is a known issue that links to 6.1 versions don't appear correctly if the path has changed more than simply replacing '5-6-1' or '6-0' with '6-1'.)

- JK

Highlighted

akshitaa8272040

31-01-2016

@Jitendra

Geometrixx have around 10 checkox selected by default. For my new facebook connect configuration I am selecting the below permissions:

user_about_meuser_birthdayuser_interestsuser_likes 

I guess from user_about_me permission only, we are getting the user details like first name, last name, email, etc.

That should not be the issue because I am also selecting this checkbox. 😞

Akshita

Highlighted

akshitaa8272040

31-01-2016

@JK

Thanks for the new link. I am working on AEM6.1.

Sorry But I didn't understood what you said in the below line:

(There is a known issue that links to 6.1 versions don't appear correctly if the path has changed more than simply replacing '5-6-1' or '6-0' with '6-1'.)

Could you please explain it to me as to which step I am missing w.r.t AEM 6.1