Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Fragment model display mode not visible in Editable Template

Level 2

We have an Editable Template that includes a Content Fragment component.

The Content Fragment component is configured to reference a placeholder content fragment model. The display mode is selected.

I do not see the display mode take effect in the Editable template.

If I add a Page using the Editable Template, however, the display mode has taken effect - and I see the content (from my Content Fragment) and the page structure/layout (an outcome of the Display Mode).

Here is the editable template -- which includes the Content Fragment component in the initial content.

editable-template.png

Here is the page -- where the display mode is active. 

aem-page.png

The issue I am trying to solve: 

I want to include initial content in the right rail.

But, the right rail is not accessible at the template level.

As an outcome, a content author must manually author components at the page level -- rather than those components being included in the initial content of the editable template.

What am I missing? Is this a change that can be effected by Content Authoring? Or would this require a code change from our development team? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

This is a known issue and has been fixed by the engineering team in AEM Service pack 11 (6.5.11.0), which was scheduled to be released on Nov 25, 2021.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @mlmg, What version of AEM are you using along with the service pack?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

This is a known issue and has been fixed by the engineering team in AEM Service pack 11 (6.5.11.0), which was scheduled to be released on Nov 25, 2021.

Level 2

WOW OKAY!!!! Experience League FTW! Thank you @ManviSharma I will follow up with our Platform Engineering team.