Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Component Placeholder i JSP

Level 2

Hi guys!

I have a component whose rendering comes from a JSP script. In Sightly I show the component placeholder with this code:

<sly data-sly-test="${wcmmode.edit}">

<div data-emptytext="Click here to edit this component" class="cq-placeholder"></div>

</sly>

How do I get the same for JSP?

Thanks advance for the help me

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have solved it. For anyone who comes across the same problem, this is the solution:

<cq:text escapeXml="true" placeholder="<%= Placeholder.getDefaultPlaceholder(slingRequest, "Click here to edit component", null)%>"/>

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

If you are using HTL - you should keep using it as that is best practice - JSP is no longer considered best practice for AEM development

Level 2

Ok, but I'm using JSP for this component, not HTL. Is there a way to do it in JSP?

Thanks for reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have solved it. For anyone who comes across the same problem, this is the solution:

<cq:text escapeXml="true" placeholder="<%= Placeholder.getDefaultPlaceholder(slingRequest, "Click here to edit component", null)%>"/>

Level 10

That is great - however the use of JSP is NOT best practice. So ppl following this pattern are following a bad practice. Adobe strongly recommends HTL over JSP!

Level 2

I'm learning to use AEM. I wanted to understand how it works. What I'm doing isn't a true webpage.