Expand my Community achievements bar.

Apply cug on dam asset folder

Level 3

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to apply CUG on DAM Folder in AEM 6.3. There is option to add CUG on folders in classic UI but that is not working.

I applied the CUG by adding user group, login page and enable CUG checkbox, but when accessing an asset, instead of redirecting to login page, it is giving 404 error.

I also tried by adding same properties on asset level as described in blog .But this is also not working.

Any suggestion or help would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Level 4

Is there any more information on what the cug nodes need to be? The blog link just show the node names but not the properties.

Employee Advisor

In AEM 6.4 managing Closed User Groups for Assets is available ootb. A video can be found here: Using Closed User Groups with AEM Assets

Unfortunately I don't know if this feature will be back ported to AEM 6.3...

Level 4

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure when we'll be able to upgrade to 6.3 much less 6.4! I did find a solution to my issue, though, where I can access CUG controls for DAM folder in Classing view.

Employee

the complete CUG implementation has been rewritten in 6.3 and now is in accordance to Apache Oak.

CUG for assets in AEM is available starting 6.3.1.2 so once you update to the latest maintenance releae, youd be able to use it.

one last thing, don’t use CUG using classic UI (although it should be disabled but I have seen customers overlaying page properties and it enables coz the underlying bundles for old cug still exists) just stick to Touch UI properties for CUG for pages and assets

Level 4

Thanks, Kunwar. Our production instance is currently 6.2, so the built in features for 6.3 won't work for us yet there. We're hoping to be able to upgrade in the next few months, though, and this is on more reason to push for that!

Level 4

Kunwar,

We recently updated to 6.3, and I found the CUG options on the folder properties. This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you!