Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.1: Link properties not updated on rollout

Level 3

All,

We are facing issue with link updates on rollout. Following is our setup

Blueprint:

/content/testcompany/g0/en

Live Copy:

/content/testcompany/gb/en

If we add a link (/content/testcompany/g0/en/xyz) to any component on page /content/testcompany/g0/en/test, this link will not get updated on rollout. On live copy page /content/testcompany/us/en/test i can still find same link (/content/testcompany/g0/en/xyz). This issue only occurs when a link on a page does not match blueprint path. If on same test page if i add a link (/content/testcompany/g0/en/test/test1), it will get updated.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mayank

9 Replies

Level 9

Mayank,

Your examples & your live copy blueprints are mismatch. Hard time to feature it out which link is not getting update on which live copy?. Kindly explain your problem with clear example.

Do you have any error log or something?.

Jitendra

Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain my problem again.

Blueprint Source:

/content/testcompany/g0/en

Livecopy Source

/content/testcompany/gb/en

Example Blueprint page:

/content/testcompany/g0/en/xyz

Example Livecopy page:

/content/testcompany/gb/en/xyz

When i add a link in a component on above example blueprint page, where link = /content/testcompany/g0/en/test and rollout this page, this link is not getting updated in livecopy. My expectation is that link will be modified to become relative to livecopy path. So on rollout link remains same i.e./content/testcompany/g0/en/test instead of becoming /content/testcompany/gb/en/test. 

I have 2 rollout configs Standard Rollout and Push on Modify.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mayank

Mayank,

Check the configuration of  CQ MSM Content Update Action. Is there any property which is excluded from the rollout synchronization action?.

Here is snapshot link

https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/multi_site_manager/_jcr_content/par/im...

Jitendra

And, Also make sure when you are rolling out content is being overridden on live copy. For testing, Make some text changes and verify if it is getting updated. This way we could know whether the issue is with link updation or with the roll out action.

Jitendra

Jitendra,

Thanks for updates. Content is getting updated. One another observation i had, if link i add on a blueprint page contains blueprint page path, it gets updated on live copy.

For E.g., continuing from my example above, on my blueprint page /content/testcompany/g0/en/xyz,if i add a link /content/testcompany/g0/en/xyz/test123 it gets modified correctly on live copy. Only links which do not start with or match blueprint page path have this issue.

Regards,

Mayank

hmmm. That's interesting..Don't know yaar. There might be some configuration which prevents to update content.

Jitendra

Level 1

Sorry for necroing this thread but since I've recently encountered this issue and was looking for potential reasons, I thought I'd pitch in my info for reference too

It seems what you have described is intended behaviour in that MSM won't update links in livecopies that refer to different chapters ( horizontal ) , but it will update links that are within the same hierarchy (Vertical )

Thus is you have a link on test pointing to xyz in the blueprint, then the test page of the LiveCopy will continue to point to the blueprint.

test and xyz are separate chapters of the site ( separate horizontal sections )

But if you have a link on test pointing to test/test1  - this link will be updated as it is in the same hierarchy ( vertical ) -

I think Adobe did this because MSM won't be able to know in advance what chapters you've synced - e.g. if you have not synced xyz and rollout test , then updating a link to an non existing chapter of xyz in the Livecopy may be odd

Having said that , I'd still prefer the update even to chapters I may not have synced or rolled out, as that rarely happens. At the very least, I hope there is an update to the MSM that maintains a link matrix on what active chapters are present in the livecopy and to update the cross links across them

Reference:

aem - CQ5: links/paths in properties aren't updated on page rollout - Stack Overflow

Creating and Synchronizing Live Copies

"When the blueprint source contains links and references that target a paragraph in a different branch, the targets are not updated in the live copy pages, but remain pointed to the original destination."

Level 3

hi ,

I am facing the same issue in AEM 6.3 .

When I create a live copy of a blueprint website, and rollout pages using standard rollout config, links in the pages are not getting updated to reflect the live copy version.

ex. /content/myproject/language-masters/en/test/home.html -> /content/myproject/us/en/test/home.html

But when those paths are not getting updated in components especially in CTA Button components and HTMLArea's . So in the above example the path in the live copy page remains /content/myproject/us/en/test/home.html which is strange.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Employee Advisor

Hello,

- Go to system/console/configMgr

- Search for com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ReferencesUpdateActionFactory

- Enable the "Update Reference across nested LiveCopies"

Check if the links are updated now.

Regards,

Vishu