Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is there a new API for Digital Publishing Solution?

Level 2

Currently I'm using this API "Adobe DPS - Reading SDK 2.32" and it work fine with DPS.

Now, I try to use the same API into Digital Publishing Solution plataform but an error show up:

"Webpage not available

The webpage atbridge://%7B%22event%22%3A%7B%22type%22%3A%22BridgeInitialized%22%2C%22bridgeLocation%22%3A%22adobeDPS._bridge%22%7D%7Dcould not be loaded because:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEM"

Do I need to do something to it work? Or, is there a new API?

Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The reading APIs are not currently supported in DPS 2015. What are you trying to do with them?

Neil

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The reading APIs are not currently supported in DPS 2015. What are you trying to do with them?

Neil

Level 2

I'm try to get information about device, collection, article, etc, and now how can I to do it?

Employee

Right now that isn’t supported in DPS 2015. What do you want to use that information for?

Neil

Level 2

I use it to delivery banners to registered publisher from my plataform.

Employee

We have a new mechanism to do that in DPS 2015, in-app messaging via the Adobe Marketing product. It’s really flexible and allows you to deliver all sorts of in-app notifications, screens, etc. based on analytics data.

There’s not a lot of documentation on this feature yet (Bob is working on it now), but check out https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/help/analytics.html#in-app-messaging for a bit more detail.

Neil

Level 2

Thanks for your replay, but, that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Is there some possibility it come back in the future?

Employee

We’re still evaluating the use cases required for something like a reading API. Why doesn’t the in-app messaging solution meet your needs?

Neil

Level 2

Hello Neil,

Well, is It free or paid to use this application? Because, if It is paid then that's the problem.

Thanks so much.

Employee

You do have to pay for an Adobe Analytics license to get the in-app messaging capabilities. Aside from cost, do the in-app messaging capabilities meet your scenario requirements?

Neil

Level 2

Nope, because It needs an intervention from editor to implement each message (some clients dislike to do it or there's a lot of bureaucratic processes). The late DPS use reading sdk that can to provide a lot of information without the guy to do anything (it's the best because of it).