Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

IOS Subscription Policy Link Option?

Level 2

Hello,

We are experiencing some difficulty lately in getting our app approved by Apple. They state that the auto-renewal details MUST be located on the Subscription order page when making a purchase. There are not enough characters in the description field to include all the info needed, but a link would suffice. We noticed there is a Privacy Policy link located in the bottom left hand corner of the order page, is it possible to make a Subscription Policy option tab available when building the app? Also if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution please let me know.

Thanks!

Travis

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Travis, can you confirm if this is with an AEM Mobile application or with DPS Classic?

Employee Advisor

Thanks, can you attach a screen grab of your current subscription paywall screen?

Employee Advisor

OK, I'm testing out a few things here with the strings. You can actually change some of the test defaults that appear in the app by expanding the app file.

1) Right-click on the .ipa file and choose Open With -> Archive Utility or Expander. Either one should result in unzipping the IPA file and giving you a Payload folder.

2) In the Payload folder you will see a Jupiter.app file. Right-click and select Show Package Contents

3) Locate the en.lproj folder. You will find a few .strings files. The BV_General.strings file has a bunch of language options around the purchase flow. I'm going to see if I can add in some text here that can augment what you have placed in your IAP description.

*Note -if you modify any of the files you will want to use a program like TextWrangler, TextMate or Xcode.

Level 2

Ok thanks for looking into it. I see what your talking about with expanding and adding text, problem is we need to add a lot of information. Mainly this,

- Your purchase of a magazine subscription through iTunes will, by default, auto-renew every 12 months

- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase

- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.

- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current annual period, at the same price as the initial purchase.

- You can manage all of your subscriptions, and disable auto-renewal, by going to Account Settings any time after purchase.

- Any unused potion of a free trial period, if applicable, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.