Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Horizontal Swiping in HTML Articles move me to new article

Level 2

When I am scrolling up or down an HTML article and then I swipe left or right I am able to jump to another article in the collection. It only happens on the HTML articles in the collection, and I want to disable this behavior.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I'll find out if there is a bug. It's possible that HTML gestures are overriding this setting, which would account for your experience in which disabling horizontal swiping works properly with fixed-layout content but not with HTML content.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you go to the collection properties and uncheck 'Enable horizontal Swipe to navigate content', that should stop the jumping to the next article

Level 2

This does not seem to resolve the issue. The collections that I am observing this behavior in have the collection property 'Enable horizontal Swipe to navigate content' unchecked.

Please look at this previous forum post I made:

Horizontal swiping still switches HTML articles

In this post Bob Bringhurst seems to be telling me that the "Enable Horizontal Swipe to Navigate Content" does not effect swiping in articles, this setting only effects "swiping left or right to navigate away from the collection browse page".

Correct answer by
Employee

I'll find out if there is a bug. It's possible that HTML gestures are overriding this setting, which would account for your experience in which disabling horizontal swiping works properly with fixed-layout content but not with HTML content.

Employee

We can't duplicate this behavior. Would you mind adding me to your project? I'm bbringhu at adobe.com.

Level 2

Here is a video of the behavior on an ipad.

Level 2

Make sure you republish or repreflight the collection after you set not to swipe. I always forget that myself.

Level 2

Thanks jerwarren, I don't think it is this because we have made sure, and also because we do not seem to have a problem with the InDesign articles that are published in the same collection. I think it is due to the HTML gesture settings as Bob said above.

Level 2

Bob Bringhurst

You were right on with the HTML Gestures. In the summer I got help from someone with writing a javascript file to correctly disable the touch gesture using the api--and in that file they included a function that re-enabled the swipe left or right gesture to allow users to swipe between articles. 

Getting rid of that function seems to have fixed the problem for me. Thank you for your help.

Employee

Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. This one had us stumped.