Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Hey, i used step by step guide(twice), but my signet app still doesn't launch on Ipad.

Level 2

and this all what happened(

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you start a new thread for your Android crash? It’s an unrelated issue that just makes this thread confusing ☺

Neil

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 2

and i dont know why it's doesn't have any icon too

Level 5

Th fact that it won't launch and based on the screenshots, it looks like your device is not provisioned. That means your device is not listed in the certificate you used to sign the app. When you sign the app, the signed app contains this list inside it. So when you try and use that is not provisioned, it will not allow it to launch.

It is a bit deceiving when one sees the app icon on the springboard. So one thinks the app is installed and everything is OK. But when your device is not provisioned you can't go that one last step into launching the app.

Make sure your device is indeed provisioned. It it is you may have to re-build or re-download and re-sign the app.

The app icon missing is strange... Maybe go ahead and start the app again on the Dashboard, download it, and sign in it. Then try that new app.

Employee

I believe the missing icon would is just another effect of the device not being provisioned. If the device were provisioned the icon would appear once the app is installed.

Level 2

actually incorrect UDID i was my first idea, and i tried another apple device. made new mobile provision, resign api file and get same result.

Level 2

Furthermore, right now i get " Unfortunaly, This App has stopped" on my android device(

Is it all cause not clean beta, or what?

Screenshot_2015-07-23-17-11-04.png

Employee

Your troubles on iOS are one of two things:

1) Your device ID isn't in your mobile provision file

2) The certificate you used to sign isn't valid

Unfortunately iOS does not provide any useful error messages to figure out which of these two is the culprit. It's almost always the first one though because it's easy to miss the little checkbox next to the device ID when rebuilding the mobileprovision file (happens to me often).

As for Android, did you sign the app before attempting to install it?

Neil

Level 2

Neil, i made three different mobile provision file for three different devices, and every time use for this brand new certificate.....

and yes I sign the app for android, because without signing app can not be installed on device. and my crash happened after launch

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you start a new thread for your Android crash? It’s an unrelated issue that just makes this thread confusing ☺

Neil

Level 2

ok, my next move was recreate app on site with "enable newsstand" option, now it has app icon but after launch look like white snowland without any pixel.

and yes, it was made with valid certificate and mobile provision file

and published content too

Employee

It sounds like a cross-up with Newsstand settings. Newsstand is going away soon, so I think the best approach is to edit the App ID on the Apple dev site to disable Newsstand. Then rebuild your mobileprovision files, which include the App ID settings. Then rebuild your app without Newsstand enabled, sign it with the new mobileprovision file, and see if that works.

Level 2

Thanks a lot! It works! or maybe cause i upgrade my ios... i really could not find any info about support ios7 or lower...