Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

goto://FolioNavigation/lastview - on Android

Level 3

Hello

I´m trying to link two articles with "goto://FolioNavigation/lastview" option.

Everything work's fine on IOS. But, on Android, it doesn't work.

I appreciate any help.

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The "lastview" button is currently iOS only. It will be supported on Android and Windows in next Tuesday's release.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The "lastview" button is currently iOS only. It will be supported on Android and Windows in next Tuesday's release.

Level 3

Dumb question: Why is it "Folio navigation" instead of "Collection navigation" sounds like a 2014 vx. 2015 thing?

Employee

It's related to content migrated from the old [2014] system to the new [2015] system. We did not want to require users to create different links to get the same behavior.

Adding new link syntax is something we are doing gradually as we add new linking capabilities (e.g. collection links). We haven't done a wholesale redefinition for link behavior that carried over from the old product offering to the new one.

Level 3

Hi.

Everything works fine on new release (24/nov).

Thanks.

Level 2

Bob Bringhurst,

I am still having an issue going back on Android devices-- I think it is a web browser error, not an app error.

Here is the function that is called when we click our back button:

back: function() {

window.location = "goto://FolioNavigation/lastview";

}

Problem is solved for me now. I found in the documentation that is says to just use ' href="goto://FolioNavigation/lastview" '....Not sure why we had it as window.location instead of that from the beginning. I will leave this up in case anyone happens to do the same thing.

Employee

"Problem is solved for me now. I found in the documentation that is says to just use ' href="goto://FolioNavigation/lastview" '....Not sure why we had it as window.location instead of that from the beginning. I will leave this up in case anyone happens to do the same thing."

Thanks for following up.