Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Export of Article files (AEM) in In Design CC 2017 are much more bigger than in CC 2015

Level 2

HI all,

a week ago I updated my inDesign 2015 on CC 2017. In InDesign 2015 it was no problem to export article-files for AEM. Now with CC2017 the exported article-files have more that the double of the exported files of InDesign CC 2015! the article file that based on exactly the same InDesign file has now 250 MB instead of 90 MB. It's absolutly impossible to upload that ....

What can I do???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This is likely a problem with how you're structuring the HTML file. Make sure that the .html file you're linking to in the Web overlay is in a subfolder that contains only the files used in the HTML. If the .html file is in the Documents folder, for example, you upload all the contents of the Documents folder when you export the article. Put your html file in its own subfolder and try again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

That's strange. Have you experienced this with a number of different InDesign files, or just one? I did a quick test and I'm not seeing the problem – the article sizes from both CC 2015 and CC 2017 are the same.

Level 2

I've tested with 3 files (including MP4-files and web overlays) and I've had always the same effect. In all 3 cases I used a file of CC2015, opened that file in CC2017, changed a picture and exported an article file. The result were the very big files.

Then I installed CC2015 again and installed the Digitalpublishing tools for CC 2015 manually. Then I retry the same workflow (with the same files and changes!) and all it's okay. Only if I use the test files of yesterday again, I have the strange effect again ...

Level 2

I got it!! The problem doesn't depends on the version of InDesign! The problem is a web overlay file, that I've added.

It's only a 1 KB file with the following content:

I you integrate that html file a web overlay, the exported article will have i multiple size of a file without that overlay.

How can I prevent that? How do you link into other apps?

Correct answer by
Employee

This is likely a problem with how you're structuring the HTML file. Make sure that the .html file you're linking to in the Web overlay is in a subfolder that contains only the files used in the HTML. If the .html file is in the Documents folder, for example, you upload all the contents of the Documents folder when you export the article. Put your html file in its own subfolder and try again.