Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Banner Might show up...

Level 6

We're creating a little portfolio app. I wanted to incorporate a Dynamic Banner on the Home browse page - just because we can. It's a simple slide show, rotating banner. However it's appearing on one of our tablets and not appearing on another.

What is the minimal OS requirement for Dynamic Banners?

Tablet it's working on:

iPad Mini: iOS 10.2

AEMM v 2016.14

Tablet it's NOT appearing on:

iPad Air: iOS 9.3.2

AEMM v 2016.14

Second question: Is there a way to provide an Alternate Image for a Dynamic Banner?  If not, that would be a great feature request, in case there are tablets and phones that don't meet the minimal requirements. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

In my experience, when a dynamic banner shows up on one device but not another, it's usually an issue with the layout card. Experiment with editing your card or mapping rules to see if that resolves the problem. For example, instead of using a 12x3 card, try a Full x 3 card. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

I was looking over Dynamic Banner details again and see that the Banner Image works as the alternate for the D-Banner, and I have an images loaded there. However, nothing is showing up where my D-Banner should be, throwing the entire flow of the browse page out of whack.  Any suggestions?

iPad_Mini.jpg

iPad_Air.jpg

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

In my experience, when a dynamic banner shows up on one device but not another, it's usually an issue with the layout card. Experiment with editing your card or mapping rules to see if that resolves the problem. For example, instead of using a 12x3 card, try a Full x 3 card. Hope this helps.

Level 6

Hmm... not sure that it'll work... Pretty standard layout and card. but I'll play with it. Thanks Bob...

Level 6

Ugh!!!  You were right!!!  I changed it from a 4 column card to 5 column... banged up the layout, but it showed up. So, then I switched it back and it's fine now! 

Thanks Bob!

-Tommy