Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Updating adaptive form values from Javascript not retaining

Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing an issue like updating adaptive form field's values from Javascript is not retaining/updating in the form, whereas I can see the updated values in the fields.

So, the issue is that the form field is still showing as empty when submitting, although it has been updated from js.

For textbox field, I able to overcome this issue like focusing it when updating value from js as below.

$("#selector").focus().val("somevalue");

But,for drop down I'm not able to. Help me on this if anyone has idea on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

you can get the som expression of the field from the ui

1835934_pastedImage_0.png

var citiesDropDropDown = guideBridge.resolveNode("guide[0].guide1[0].guideRootPanel[0].cities[0]");

citiesDropDropDown.items = ["San Jose","Santa Clara"];

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

You have to use GuideBridge api

google for adaptive forms GuideBridge api

in that api  there is resolveNode method to get hold of the field and then set its value

Employee Advisor

i will  send you sample code soon

Level 1

Ya, I went through using resolvenode, but not able to achieve as am not sure how to use.

Sharing a sample code will help alot. Thanks.!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

you can get the som expression of the field from the ui

1835934_pastedImage_0.png

var citiesDropDropDown = guideBridge.resolveNode("guide[0].guide1[0].guideRootPanel[0].cities[0]");

citiesDropDropDown.items = ["San Jose","Santa Clara"];

Employee Advisor

As workflowuser​ mentioned about the using guideBridge API to perform get/set operation. That is the right way to do it. Please test and let us know if you need any help further.

Level 1

Thanks alot.! It works. Thanks for the code screenshot. Much appreciate your effort.