Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Syntax Error opening Rules Editor

Level 3

Hi,

Using AEM 6.5 on CentOS.

I have a working form with a single field and button and some labels. I saved it, promoted it to pub. Works fine.

I committed my changes to githhub (via repo tool). This has worked fine for 2 months now.

My computer rebooted (blue screen), which made auth unusable. I rebuilt auth, deployed my packages to the new auth.

Now when I open the rules editor, I get the attached. (It won't open).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bjo1flxIK2-B_SNGW17Gme4OOe2XDSz9/view?usp=sharing

Suggestions?

I debugged ExpressionEditorServiceImpl, and the file it's trying to parse is a JS in our app which has always worked and hasn't changed in weeks.

Suggestions?

Joel

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

@JoelLucuik  Do you have correct forms add-on package deployed after rebuild?

Level 3
Yup. Been working successfully with this for a while now. adobe-aemfd-linux-pkg-6.0.122. aem-service-pkg-6.5.3.zip

Level 3
I think (maybe) the repos is corrupted for some reason. I still have a working pub. Going to try migrating my changes piece by piece. Starting to consider JCR in a relational db to avoid the disk based JCR.

Level 3
Thank you regardless. This is quite frustrating.

Employee Advisor
@ JoelLucuik please test on pub and let me know how it goes.

Employee Advisor
@JoelLucuik it's good to validate any error in browser console as rule editor is loaded on click event may be something is breaking at JS

Level 3
Have you had issues with repo and JS (getting JS from JCR into Linux), then github? Would you suggest using packages rather than repo?

Employee Advisor
@JoelLucuik I use brackets to work with package directly and then sending it to GIT.

Level 3
The problem was (a,b) => syntax in JS. Pub supports it fine. Auth doesn't. Moved to sort with function(a,b). Bogus

Level 3
Can we get a fix for this? If pub can handle it, why can't auth?