Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Remove minimum digits requirement in phone number field

Level 2

My company has just launched a site and is using the telephone number field in one of the forms that can be submitted to us. The site is focused on APAC countries and some of the phone numbers there have only seven or eight digits total. When a user tries to put in one of those numbers, they get an error code that they have to have 10 numbers. My developers tell me the 10-number minimum is baked into AEM, but I'm wondering if there's a way to override that setting so that there is no minimum to the numbers you can post in the telephone number field.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can easily change the number pattern to Internation/UK or a custom pattern using your own regular expression 

workflowuser_0-1666293021321.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can easily change the number pattern to Internation/UK or a custom pattern using your own regular expression 

workflowuser_0-1666293021321.png

Employee Advisor

@MarkECis in phone field the regex is applied by default, you can change it anytime to anything based on your business requirement. You can put your own regex as well

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1666713523165.png