Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Object has become unselectable

Level 1

Hi all,

I've been creating a number of forms and for some reason this lovely text box which I was previously able to modify/select/move is now completely broken.

The text box now appears in the Hierarchy with a '?' icon and when attempting to select the row it doesn't change the context to the object at all. Any attempt to select it and press delete removes one of my master pages instead (I assume because the master page is the first object in the hierarchy).

I'm unable to select the actual object in the PDF or right and perform any actions. I can however move other objects/subforms to be below/above in a flowed form.

Issue.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@IDontEvenKnowMe Looks like a corrupted element, you can use XML verifier online to check any broken tag. Also, you can create a new xdp/pdf and check the source of the text field and see what is missing in your XML source of the pdf. A bit of manual effort but worth saving lot of rework.

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1666672261252.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

This is an effect of a damaged XML source where the object has lost it's class depended properties for some reason, You may be able to fix this manually, if you're familiar with the XML definititions of that particular object. If not, you may have to recreate it. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@IDontEvenKnowMe Looks like a corrupted element, you can use XML verifier online to check any broken tag. Also, you can create a new xdp/pdf and check the source of the text field and see what is missing in your XML source of the pdf. A bit of manual effort but worth saving lot of rework.

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1666672261252.png