Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

problem cleaning segmentstore

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to clean the segmentstore folder from the author instance in aem 6.Getting this exception.:

Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.8
Checkpoints D:\hmonline\servers\cq-author\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:13
4)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.Segment.<init>(Segment.java
:129)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore.readSegment(
FileStore.java:626)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentTracker.getSegment(S
egmentTracker.java:117)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentId.getSegment(Segmen
tId.java:97)
 at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeState.getTemplat
e(SegmentNodeState.java:74)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeState.getChildNo
de(SegmentNodeState.java:334)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.MemoryNodeBuilder.<init>(Mem
oryNodeBuilder.java:134)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.MemoryNodeBuilder.createChil
dBuilder(MemoryNodeBuilder.java:192)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.MemoryNodeBuilder.getChildNo
de(MemoryNodeBuilder.java:316)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.Main.checkpoints(Main.java:400)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.Main.main(Main.java:139)

Please provide some solution

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

1.upgrade OAk to latest before running compaction tool.

2.Also make sure if you have datastore separated from Segment store.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

How are you clearing segment store?

Have you separated Datastore folder outside CQ?

Correct answer by
Level 6

1.upgrade OAk to latest before running compaction tool.

2.Also make sure if you have datastore separated from Segment store.

Level 4

This is not an answer but related so adding my question..

I am facing issue in compacting where the tool is neither completing nor exiting with exception. I tried this on a lower environment and it executed successfully. On my production author it is used 100% of one CPU core. Is the oak-run.jar capable of utilizing more than 1 core on multicore machine?

Any pointers on how to monitor the oak-run.jar for periodic updates?

Also can the point of separating the datastore from segmentstore be explained further or links to some documentation provided?

Regards,

Anil

Level 6

Hi Anil,

Please let me know the below

1.Running offline or onlince compaction

2.Oak-run version.

3.https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/upgrade/data-store-config.html#Node Store Configurations 

Above link explains the segmrnt store config on diff path.

Level 4

Hi Gokul,

Cant seem to see the questions that you asked in reply to my first question (The forum seems to be behaving weird today)

So I am copying and replying from the details I received in mail:

1.Running offline or onlince compaction  [Anil] Offline. AEM is down.

2.Oak-run version. [Anil] 1.2.2 (oak-run-1.2.2.jar) AEM is 6.1. OAK is 1.2.2

3.https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/upgrade/data-store-config.html#Node Store Configurations  [Anil] We have the default TarMX setting. But when we ran this on a test environment it completed successfully. 25 GB was compacted to 11 G. The environment that we are running it now on had nearly 400GB of tar files. Is separately the node store and data store mandatory?

I referred the following documentation - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/platform/storage-elements-in-aem-6.html

I read somewhere that oak-run needs maximum memory... is there a free disk space and free RAM prerequisite?

Regards,

Anil