Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need to copy and paste into my form but keep it uniform

Level 6

Good day,

I have a form whereas information needs to be pulled from a report and entered into the form.  The information pulled is in a table format with headers such as "form #, item #, date, description, value".  My form is set up that way as well with buttons to add and delete rows.  The user will need to copy and paste the required information into each row in order for it be uniform.  The problem I'm noticing now is that it's not user friendly when there are a lot of items to enter.  I thought my solution to this problem was to create the "headers"  and below that (1) big space so that they can copy and paste the information, but that doesn't work.  The information copied to the form, from the report, does not remain in a table format and is not uniformed.  The information all jumbled together and the user would have to space the information under the headers just to make it look professional, which defeats the purpose.  I would like to know if there is a way to set up a form in livecycle that will permit the user to copy and paste the required information into the form but keep it as a table and uniformed when there is a lot of data to copy and paste. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@islandgirl23 There can sometimes be a trade-off between form layout and ease of creation. You may try to improve the user experience by changing field-level properties but to what extent I cannot comment unless we see the screenshot of how the form looks with data and what are the current properties.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@islandgirl23 There can sometimes be a trade-off between form layout and ease of creation. You may try to improve the user experience by changing field-level properties but to what extent I cannot comment unless we see the screenshot of how the form looks with data and what are the current properties.

Level 6

islandgirl23_1-1651314123326.png

Attached is a snip of the form.  I had to change the wording etc., but the "table" is present.  How do I locate the "current properties" so that I can give them to you?