Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Implementing Prefill service for an adaptive form embedded in page

Level 2

I am working on forms portal where adaptive forms are embedded within page component and data is being stored in relational database in line with custom storage guidelines provided by Adobe for draft and submission. I am curious to know the best approach to prefill adaptive form with in a page. I am looking at below article and posting this query to see more suggestions or inputs

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/forms/adaptive-forms-advanced-authoring...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The best way is to have schema bound form and use FDM for prefill. However, based on requirement you may choose a different approach. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The best way is to have schema bound form and use FDM for prefill. However, based on requirement you may choose a different approach. 

Level 2

@Mayank_Gandhi  My form is bound to proper schema and I am saving data xml in Relation database which is storage for draft and submission. Can I use the same data xml as request attribute in page component script in which form is embedded ? Also confirm if I need to pull additional metadata to pre populate adaptive form in page ?

Actual requirement is to enable user to open drafted application and continue from there.We have our custom user dashboard where drafted form(s) will be displayed and upon clicking continue user should be able to see form populated with previously saved data. We are not using out of box drafts and submission component but using service implementation provided by Adobe to customize the data storage. 

Employee Advisor
yes, you should be able to prefill the form with dataXML extracted from the form.