Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get the location of AEM Forms (Livecycle) custom component jar file in the server

Level 3

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to get the AEM Forms Custom Component jar files from the server? Unfortunately we don't have the backup of those custom components jar files in code repository.

Please guide me.

Srujan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@srujan1981 

Here is a trick to get the custom component:
- Create an application and add the component reference option. Select the custom component you need with the reference.
- then export the application as LCA and unzip the same.
- You will get the component under the LCA, and you just need to rename the file extension to .jar to get the file.

Thanks to Sudheer Anumalasetty for sharing these steps internally.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@srujan1981 

I don't think there is a way to export the custom component jar from the server (extracts go into the DB), but I can share the DB table name that will hold information about this component if that helps.

I will DM the details in sometime.

Employee Advisor

@srujan1981 the jar goes to DB and unfortunately no way to export it directly. You don't have jar on any other server?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@srujan1981 

Here is a trick to get the custom component:
- Create an application and add the component reference option. Select the custom component you need with the reference.
- then export the application as LCA and unzip the same.
- You will get the component under the LCA, and you just need to rename the file extension to .jar to get the file.

Thanks to Sudheer Anumalasetty for sharing these steps internally.

Level 3

Thank a lot Pulkit! I have extracted custom component.