Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM adaptive form file upload to custom path

Level 3

I am using the guidefileupload component to attach files to the Adaptive forms, I see that the files are being uploaded into the /tmp/fd/af/ directory on the server by default. I believe something like this should be configurable. Is there a way to change the path to a custom one? I couldn't find any documentation on this. Any guidance on this is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Seek_AEM

Don't recall if there was a configuration OOTB to change the file upload path, but you can write an OSGi service[0] to store the form attachments in a new location in the repository.

Hope this helps.

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/store-and-retrieve-af-with-2f... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

no. That location is temporary storage location and the files will be deleted after a period of time

Level 3

Thank you @workflowuser for the response, but I see that on the guide bridge API, getGuideState method which has a mention of fileuploadpath

Adaptive Forms Class: GuideBridge (adobe.com)

I was wondering what a parameter like this actually one does on a get call ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Seek_AEM

Don't recall if there was a configuration OOTB to change the file upload path, but you can write an OSGi service[0] to store the form attachments in a new location in the repository.

Hope this helps.

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/store-and-retrieve-af-with-2f... 

Level 3

Thank you @Pulkit_Jain_ , I am aware of this article and implemented something similar to this. 
I do feel that this path to which the files are written should be configurable. Hope this will be considered by the AEM team and be added as a feature for the later versions.