Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM adaptive form file upload to custom path

Level 4

I am using the guidefileupload component to attach files to the Adaptive forms, I see that the files are being uploaded into the /tmp/fd/af/ directory on the server by default. I believe something like this should be configurable. Is there a way to change the path to a custom one? I couldn't find any documentation on this. Any guidance on this is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Seek_AEM

Don't recall if there was a configuration OOTB to change the file upload path, but you can write an OSGi service[0] to store the form attachments in a new location in the repository.

Hope this helps.

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/store-and-retrieve-af-with-2f... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

no. That location is temporary storage location and the files will be deleted after a period of time

Level 4

Thank you @workflowuser for the response, but I see that on the guide bridge API, getGuideState method which has a mention of fileuploadpath

Adaptive Forms Class: GuideBridge (adobe.com)

I was wondering what a parameter like this actually one does on a get call ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Seek_AEM

Don't recall if there was a configuration OOTB to change the file upload path, but you can write an OSGi service[0] to store the form attachments in a new location in the repository.

Hope this helps.

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/store-and-retrieve-af-with-2f... 

Level 4

Thank you @Pulkit_Jain_ , I am aware of this article and implemented something similar to this. 
I do feel that this path to which the files are written should be configurable. Hope this will be considered by the AEM team and be added as a feature for the later versions.