Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Header of table not working (SAP form, Livecycle Designer)

Level 2

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Livecycle Designer 11.0 for SAP Solutions and I have the following problem: If the form has more than one page, there is no table-header on the following pages.

1. The used form (with a default preview file)

1_preview-xml.png

we get the following result (first page with items has a header) - as desired:

2_header-OK.png

3. problem is the next page where the header is MISSING:

3_header-missing.png

4. Trying to select "Include Header Row in Subsequent Page" - for object hdrHeader:

4_problematic-objects_select-header-subsequent-pages.png

5. results in the first page with items and header (as the initial on)

5_header-OK.png

BUT the next page is somehow messed up and also shows an error:

6_header-NOT OK.png7_error.png

Please help me to get rid of this behaviour. I just want a header on each page. If further infos are necessary, just let me know.

BR

Stan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Remove the "Allow page break within Content" for  "rowRemarkrow".

It worked for me.

Try and let me know.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Stan_AT the version is out of support and end of life but just a suggestion, can you try in a new form? The approach is fine I think something might be missing in the objects

Level 2

Hi @Mayank_Gandhi ,

thanks for your fast reply (and thanks for info that the approach is fine).

Sorry if I answer with a question: what do you mean with "the version is out of support". The version of the form OR the version of Livecycle Designer?

Because SAP delivers this tool up to now (including several patch levels, the latest is from 6th of december 2022) and I took the latest possible form too.

Maybe you can be more detailled on what might be missing in the objects.

BR

Stan

Employee Advisor

@Stan_AT the current version adobe gives is AEM forms designer and designer 11 is a bit old. May be supported from the SAP side

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support/programs/eol-matrix.html

My suggestion would be to try in a new form and set allow page breaks and include a header in a new form. It will be easy to troubleshoot 

Level 2

Unfortunately I don't have access to anything other (especially newer) than this SAP-provided version. I also have tickets at SAP open concerning this topic, but up to now no info on what could be the issue or better, what to do to get a solution.

thanks anyway

Stan 

Employee Advisor

@Stan_AT send a cutshort version of the pdf that you have I will check on my software

Level 2

@Mayank_Gandhi thank you very much for your offer.

I uploaded the package as zip on my Google Drive. I hope this works too.

Community Advisor

Do you have two rows for the header? if it is the case then group them as a section and then set the section to repeat on subsequent pages.

Level 2

Hi Vijay,

no, there are not two rows. The even funnier part is, that for other SAP delivered forms (e.g. Customer Invoice) it works BUT not for all versions. Version for UK in englisch is wrong and the version for AT in english shows the header as we want it.

I absoluteley have no clue, what causes this behaviour and in the call with SAP they stated, that this should not be, but their output mgmt team as well as the development team have no clue).

Nevertheless, I tried your tip with section, but unfortunateley this doesn't work either.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Remove the "Allow page break within Content" for  "rowRemarkrow".

It worked for me.

Try and let me know.

Level 2

@Vijay_Katoch : THIS does work ...

At the moment I tried deleting all unnecessary stuff to isolate the error/warnings. Then your message came in and I tried it on the initial delivered form - and in works...I'm happy as hell.

Do you have an explanation for this behaviour? Why has this flag an impact on the hdrHeader above?

Thank you very much