Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

error "Resource /aem/.1.json not found" when trying to create AEM Form

Level 4

Running AEM 6.2 CFP7 with geometrixx sample content, AEM-FORMS-6.2-SP1-CFP7-WIN-3.2.124 and AEM-FORMS-6.2-GOV-REF-SITE-3.0.14.

When I click the "Create" button for an Adaptive Form, nothing happens in the browser, and the error below shows up in the error.log.

What could cause this?

01.11.2017 12:06:30.703 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1509563190702] GET /aem/.1.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Resource /aem/.1.json not found

Here's the screen where this happens (clicking the blue Create button):

chrome_2017-11-01_12-10-41.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

After extensive testing with several people, I've been able to determine that the problem is browser-related.

The issue is correlated to the browser used, regardless of what server platform AEM is deployed on:

1) Chrome, Firefox, or Edge on Windows, same problem.

2) AEM on a Linux server or a Windows server, browser on Windows, same problem.

3) Chrome browser on MacOS, or Internet Explorer on Windows = NO PROBLEM!

We have a ticket opened in Daycare.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

Try this on a fresh server - see if what you are doing works. THen we can focus on the cause of your server.

Level 10

Reason why i asked you to do that is you say you are using the sample site - yet the URL in the screen shot is not lining up with the URL of geometrixx sample content.

See if you can follow this article to build an adaptive form.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Posting Adobe Experience Manager Form Data to Custom Services

Level 4

Hi Scott,

This was done on a fresh server - 6.2 SP1 CFP7 - with the two packages - and NO customer code or content.

I arrived at the URL by navigating : AEM Logo -> Forms -> Forms & Documents. What should be the URL?

I can go into the geometrixx-gov folder, but the outcome is the same.

Thanks

Level 4

Hi again Scott,

I tried the article you suggested - https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/posting-aem

Unfortunately the steps are the same as what I was trying. Specifically I'm stuck in the "click Create" sub-step of Step 5:

chrome_2017-11-01_13-34-45.png

Level 10

There is an issue with your instance. To see this work the way its suppose to work - try on a fresh instance. Copy the Qucik Start JAR to a new folder and start again. Then try again - to see it working successfully.

For you current AEM Server - looks like you loaded a package that is causing an issue.

Level 4

Hi Scott, my colleague was able to get this working on an instance with SP1, CFP3, ACS3.9, without the Forms Add-On. I'm now going to try to replicate this exact combination. The only remaining difference would be that I'm on Windows while he is on MacOS.

Level 4

Here's a 3-minute video showing all my steps on a fresh instance of AEM 6.2 (edited to reduce AEM start-up time):

Correct answer by
Level 4

After extensive testing with several people, I've been able to determine that the problem is browser-related.

The issue is correlated to the browser used, regardless of what server platform AEM is deployed on:

1) Chrome, Firefox, or Edge on Windows, same problem.

2) AEM on a Linux server or a Windows server, browser on Windows, same problem.

3) Chrome browser on MacOS, or Internet Explorer on Windows = NO PROBLEM!

We have a ticket opened in Daycare.

Level 4

Daycare eventually tracked down the issue on this. It was a result of bad interactions between AEM, a modern browser, and the touchscreen API on Windows 10 laptops. A workaround for Chrome is to turn off the touchscreen API.

Level 3

I have the same Problem in AEM 6.4. Why is this issue still not fixed?

Level 10

AEM Support can provide information about this.

Employee Advisor

Please elaborate the issue you are facing along with the environment details. Also, confirm if the forms add-on package has been installed on the system?