Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

End Date Calculation based on a user entered Start Date and Number of Days

Level 6

Good Afternoon All, I need a little help with a date calculation. What needs to happen is when the user enters a Start Date (plStartDate) and the number of DAYS the project is expected to run in the Project Length field (numProjectLength) these two fields will calculate an End Date(plEndDate). I also need the End Date to be null/empty until both the Start Date and Project Length have values which takes it from formCalc to JavaScript.

At the following link is a Designer Form that has two subforms. The first one is named Contract Term (subContractTerm), and it demonstrates the working code that I DO have but it calculates by months. The second subform is named Project Length (subProjectLengthDays) and has the same three objects but I need the formula to calculate by days NOT months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EASnF9uPd6PP69_SgfwuPojJJuZOBd-L?usp=sharinghttps://drive.go...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Try this

if(plStartDate.rawValue!=null && numProjectLength.rawValue!=null){
   var d = new Date(plStartDate.rawValue);
   var dd = new Date(d.setDate(d.getDate() + numProjectLength.rawValue));
   var newDate = new Date(dd.setDate(dd.getDate()+1));  
   this.rawValue =  (newDate.getMonth() + 1) + "/" + newDate.getDate() + "/" +  newDate.getFullYear()
this(newDate) 
}

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Try this

if(plStartDate.rawValue!=null && numProjectLength.rawValue!=null){
   var d = new Date(plStartDate.rawValue);
   var dd = new Date(d.setDate(d.getDate() + numProjectLength.rawValue));
   var newDate = new Date(dd.setDate(dd.getDate()+1));  
   this.rawValue =  (newDate.getMonth() + 1) + "/" + newDate.getDate() + "/" +  newDate.getFullYear()
this(newDate) 
}