Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Converting a pdf form created in Acrobat DC to AEM Forms

Level 2

Hi all,

Is it possible to convert a pdf form created in Acrobat Pro DC to a editable form in AEM Forms? I want to be able to add/remove text fields to this converted form in AEM Forms. If someone could link me to a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are referring to an Adaptive form, you create it within AEM. To create an adaptive form in AEM, you need to build it. See this document -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Tutorial: Create an adaptive form

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are referring to an Adaptive form, you create it within AEM. To create an adaptive form in AEM, you need to build it. See this document -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Tutorial: Create an adaptive form

Employee Advisor

Acrobat creates interactive PDF forms i.e Acroforms. LiveCycle Designer creates interactive PDF forms referred to as an XFA (XML Form Architecture) forms. You can neither create an XFA form in Acrobat nor create an Acroform in Designer. However, You can import an Acroform into Designer and edit it further.

Employee

To add to what Mayank has said, if you import your AcroForm into Designer, you can do it either of two ways:

1) bring it in as artwork, where the appearance is preserved, and this will generate a special static interactive PDF form, where you can overlay field objects to the appearance of the form.

2) you can also important it and Designer will do a best effort starting point to generate your dynamic, or static Interactive PDF. there are no restrictions in this path on the types of objects you can place on the boilerplate.

Documentation on these methods can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/experience-manager/6-4/forms/pdf/using-designer.pdf

KJ

Employee Advisor

This also brings us to an interesting topic of Acro forms >>conversion to>> XFA Forms and then getting this XFA template to model the Adaptive Forms. Such an awesome way to get your old forms move to the new capabilities.

Level 2

Thanks, I wasn't sure if this was possible or not. It'd be pretty neat if an adaptive form could be generated from a pdf!