Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Apply Reader Extension on Interactive Document

Level 2

While using reader extension service in Adaptive form, i have set up keystore already and wrote java code to apply usage write but getting exception like below:

com.adobe.fd.docassurance.client.api.impl.DocAssuranceServiceImpl Exception while applying usage rights in DocAssuranceService
com.adobe.fd.readerextensions.client.ProcessingException: AEM-REX-001-008: Unable to apply the requested usage rights to the given document.
at com.adobe.fd.readerextensions.service.impl.ReaderExtensionsServiceImpl.applyUsageRights(ReaderExtensionsServiceImpl.java:215) [com.adobe.aemfd.adobe-aemfd-readerextensions:6.0.26]
at com.adobe.fd.docassurance.client.api.impl.DocAssuranceServiceImpl.addReaderExtensions(DocAssuranceServiceImpl.java:887) [adobe-aemfd-docassurance:6.0.50]
at com.adobe.fd.docassurance.client.api.impl.DocAssuranceServiceImpl.secureDocument(DocAssuranceServiceImpl.java:242) [adobe-aemfd-docassurance:6.0.50]

Can anyone help what may be missing here.

Thanks and regards,

Ashish Saxena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sashish That should not make difference ideally. Make sure you are using a supported version of Linux.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 9

I think you need to add the certificate to forms and document service user

Level 2
Hi Girish,I Already add certificate to document service user(fd-service) and setup keystore .

Level 2
I tried for interactive document generated through formsService.renderPDFForm

Employee Advisor

@sashish  I assume it's an OSGi instance? Hope you have added bouncy castle in sling properties.

Level 2

@Mayank_Gandhi Hi Mayank, Its an osgi instance and i have already added bouncy castle.

I see this might be the issue:

com.adobe.fd.readerextensions.service.impl.ReaderExtensionsServiceImpl AEM-REX-001-008: Unable to apply the requested usage rights to the given document.
com.adobe.granite.keystore.KeyStoreNotInitialisedException: Uninitialised key store for user data

How to initialized key store.

Level 2

@GirishBedekar Hi Girish

Yes all bundles are in active state. 

Level 2

Hi @Mayank_Gandhi ,

I am doing this in local author so using admin cred only.

Level 2
I did the trust store setup for admin user but still same issue,

Level 9

Send us the screen shot of the certificate added to fd service user

Level 2

Hi @GirishBedekar 

PFA screenshot of key store and trust store.

Trust store is global and also its not mentioned in adobe documents that we have to setup trust store.

Its mentioned to setup only keystore.

Keystore:

sashish_0-1611041058651.png

truststore:

sashish_0-1611041126600.png

Employee Advisor

@sashish  have sent you private message