Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Forms Blank template missing after upgrade from AEM 6.3 to AEM 6.4.6

Level 2

Hi,

Previously in AEM 6.3, there used to be forms blank template which can be selected to create a form ( cq:template=/libs/fd/af/templates/blankTemplate2). Now i dont see this template anymore after upgrading to AEM 6.4.6.0. In the upgraded version, we have to a first create a template from create template wizard and use it for form creation (cq:template=/conf/aarp/settings/wcm/templates/<custom template>)

Wanted to confirm if this is the case. We have all the forms created based on previous experience and now the authors are not able to do certain operations (move, copy etc) with the form. What are our options here? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @prabudossh 

The method has changed a little. Unless you have sample package that gives few template option here is what you have to do.

You need to create a folder using configuration browser which allows creation of Editable template and under this folder you need to create a blank template using template editor. 

Step 1:  Navigate to configuration browser

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1580460045861.png

2> Create a new folder with Editable template, you can allow cloud configuration as well. No harm

Mayank_Gandhi_1-1580460087422.png

3>  Navigate to template editor

Mayank_Gandhi_2-1580460118605.png

4> You will see the folder you created

Mayank_Gandhi_3-1580460155605.png

5> Create a new template and select Adaptive form template

Mayank_Gandhi_4-1580460186150.png

6> And that's it. You're good to go!

Thanks,

Mayank

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

cq:template=/libs/fd/af/templates/blankTemplate2 were used till AEM Forms 6.3 and they are older/static templates. Starting from AEM Forms 6.4, dynamic templates are now used. These are similar to AEM Sites templates. You can find details at the below article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/forms/using/template-editor.html#Workingwithtempla...

Also you require compatibility package for older templates. For details, see https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/forms/using/compatibility-package.html

Level 2

Thanks for the response @AbhishekKrSingh . While we look into the possibility of installing compatibility package to get older templates back, I am not seeing the option of selecting "Adaptive Form Template" in the create template wizard by navigating to "Adobe Experience Manager" -> "Tools" -> "Templates". I see it in my local but not in any other envs maintained by client. Do i need to check anything in-specific?

Level 2
I think there was a permission issue that's why i was not able to "Adaptive Form Template" now. Do we need to run the migration utility https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/experience-manager/6-4/forms/using/migration-utility.html#RunningMigra... to migrate the forms from AEM 6.3 to 6.4?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @prabudossh 

The method has changed a little. Unless you have sample package that gives few template option here is what you have to do.

You need to create a folder using configuration browser which allows creation of Editable template and under this folder you need to create a blank template using template editor. 

Step 1:  Navigate to configuration browser

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1580460045861.png

2> Create a new folder with Editable template, you can allow cloud configuration as well. No harm

Mayank_Gandhi_1-1580460087422.png

3>  Navigate to template editor

Mayank_Gandhi_2-1580460118605.png

4> You will see the folder you created

Mayank_Gandhi_3-1580460155605.png

5> Create a new template and select Adaptive form template

Mayank_Gandhi_4-1580460186150.png

6> And that's it. You're good to go!

Thanks,

Mayank

Employee Advisor

You can migrate/upload the old template as is and run the migration utility shared by Abhishek earlier and that's an ideal way to go around it.